Pandemic spurred a new model for women’s organization now with more than 1000 members.
[Los Angeles, California] — While the term “women’s organization” might call to mind red hats and catty socials, Society of Saleswomen is anything but that. Originally based in Los Angeles, the now-global 501(c)(3) non-profit organization unites women and men across sales and business disciplines. The mission is simple: cultivate an environment where women can be empowered to unify, connect, and support one another in their crafts.
The organization launched with an in-person format centered around dinner conversations and intimate speaking events. When the pandemic forced the organization to rethink the way it reached and served its members, however, it adopted a digital format while still retaining a magnetic culture. Now, more than two years into COVID-19, it has created the paradigm for the post-pandemic world. Live events have returned and the Tables for Six have already attracted dozens of women in member hubs like Phoenix and Santa Monica.
“We’ve discovered that one size doesn’t fit all. Some of our members can only attend digital experiences and others love face-to-face ones. We organically created the ultimate women’s group model for the new era,” SoS co-founder and COO Jessica Wiederhorn said.
With women now making up more than 40 percent of the gig economy and nearly 1 in 10 women choosing to stay home due to COVID-related issues, such as the unpredictability of childcare, Society of Saleswomen fills a gap in community and professional enrichment many women are experiencing.
What makes Society of Saleswomen unique:
• Global presence: Members are spread from coast to coast and in several countries.
• Authenticity: Members come as they are. Wet hair, sweatpants, kids, and pets are welcome.
• Technology: The group uses tools with widespread adoption among its members.
• Intentionality: Events reflect a curated menu of topics to support the modern woman.
• Timeliness: Events end promptly on schedule, catering to busy women with limited time.
• Intimacy: Group events are small on purpose, with a focus on engagement over numbers.
• Volunteer-run: The group is entirely staffed by volunteers who care about the SoS mission.
• Age Diversity: Members range from early 20s to women in their 70s.
For membership information and upcoming events: societyofsaleswomen.org.
About Society of Saleswomen: Society of Saleswomen is a collaborative, inclusive, come-as-you-are organization for the modern working professional. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Society of Saleswomen seeks to cultivate an environment where women and men can be empowered to unify, connect, and support each other in their craft. The volunteer-led organization provides tools, resources, support, and encouragement through in-person events, small dinner groups, digital access, and forums. All female or female-supportive/hiring members are welcome.